Today was okay. I went to the mall with my sis ‘cause she was lookin’ to spend her $20 mall gift certificate, and she wanted some baby stuff. I went out on my own ‘cause I didn’t feel like lookin’ with her since I had some stuff I wanted to look for myself plus some people to see. Well, no, ‘cause they’re all at school.
Sarah and her boyfriend, Jon, were there. Actually, before the mall, Sarah was over. I was taking a nap ‘cause I was reading and got tired. I lost track of time because the downstairs room I was sleeping at is absolutely dark (my dad built a structure outside and the blinds and there’s like no light in the room). So I could basically sleep pretty well in the dark, and lost track of time since no light cues got me up. Anyhow, we talked and stuff. Sarah picked up Jon from Soledad.
Oh, I saw Sarah at Sam Goody’s and we talked a bit there. Jon’s kinda quiet though. But then we decided to see a movie later. We saw Stealing Harvard, and it was pretty funny. My friend, Jose, from Bakersfield called, and I picked up and told him to call me back later ‘cause we were at the movies, and then I realized his number doesn’t work anymore, and can’t reach him any other way. So, I’m kinda upset with that ‘cause uhhh, I can’t believe I didn’t get it down. Anyhow, the movie was pretty funny…lol
I saw my old friend, Matt walking with this one girl. He works there at the mall somewhere. I just saw him and just nod at the sight of each other. I guess that’s cool. He used to be a really good friend of mine, back during the first part of senior year.
It sucks to be home because I’m like out of friends here. My pretty good friends are out ‘cause school started. High school was a lot of drama for me, even if not a lot of people knew about it. I mean, I had very little friends ‘cause I didn’t quite fit in. Some people were cool with me and we still are, but we’re just separated by distance now. There’s drama with people talking behind your back, which causes a lot of harmful ramifications and implications with nearly everybody I knew. The worst are the ones that were friends of yours and then decide not to be your friend anymore, and all you do is wonder why. I can’t quite let go ‘cause everytime I come home, it just occurs to me of how things weren’t as good as they seemed.
I’m glad college lacks the high school drama I had. It’s just I still don’t feel I quite fit in anywhere. There’s the problem of people who are “fake” and people who are “real.” Yeah, it’s a typical problem all of us people go through in college. There are a lot of times when I really don’t want to just chill in my room by myself and pass the time unproductively by watching movies or going online and hardly anybody to really talk to these days. I don’t like being left bored when there’s so much to do out there that I sort of want to get in on the fun. I try too hard, but to no avail. I mean, yeah, still trying to find people who are real and people who like me for me. It’s what a lot of us do, and rely on such people, probably to affirm oneself or at least cope with the daily tribulations. For me, it becomes so difficult that most days I’d sit alone and realize for that moment I am alone and feel as if I’m the only one. Much of my life is different than, say the majority, in many respects, so I can’t be “normal” or even try it ‘cause there’s no foundation for it. For some times, I just needed people to understand me, those I can understand and relate to as well, and just be comfortable. For other times, I just need a chill buddy to just do things with. There is no need to concern certain aspects of my life because those are things I go through and manage, but there’s got to be something to look forward to and not worry about. I mean, somebody to chill with and go out and do stuff or stay in and just play video games or watch movies. You know, the little things.
My sis’s b-day party was on Saturday, yesterday. It was okay. A bunch of guests came over, surprisingly, a lot I didn’t actually know. It’s been a long while. My grandparents from my mom’s side came over, too. They just arrived from the Philippines.
I got my sister a picture collage from the Discovery Store. LoL She likes looking at herself, so it was perfect! We joke a lot about that. Last birthday, as her sweet 16 birthday gift to our guests, she made these heart shaped frames with her picture on it to give her guests. She also has a few collages of pictures of only her, and picture books with only her and people she knows and her name all over it and stuff like that. It’s just silly!
She turned 17 on the 9th of September, and I called her that day. She’s also with child, and it’s due sometime in December. It’s actually been really hard on me, and for my parents, it’s been really weird. There’s been a lot of drama over her getting pregnant and I’m always angry at my parents ‘cause it’s on them. Well, I’m not going to talk about that ‘cause that’s really complicated and it’s not somethin’ I need to put here.
Well, the party went okay. Good food, too. My uncle makes really good adobo. LoL My sis makes okay ones, and mine needs a lot more work! I need to ask him for some cooking pointers ‘cause he’s actually a really good cook.
I missed my cat, and here she is, Kitsy. She’s great, but she’s an outdoor cat because my mom kicked her out of the house! So she’s not like what she used to be. Oh, and she really hates my father! She runs away from him, and when he’s not looking, she manages to sneak away. She won’t eat at the sight of him. When she’s in the house, my dad just tells her to get out and she runs right out. Hmm..it’s kinda funny, but I feel sorry for my cat L Ehh, my dad’s just mean…he does take really good care of my cat…feeds it, etc. Well, my cat actually likes me more. LOL Used to just bite my mom and didn’t like my sis much. Hmm…I miss her sleepin’ with me on my bed, at my feet.
I went home on the Greyhound on Thursday. It was a ten hour trip, and I had left at 21:45. Actually, I left my place all packed up at 18:30. I saw the route 150 bus, and then hoped to wait for the next one. Then I called the station and then realized it was the last one for the day! So I took the 41 and went to Fashion Valley and transferred onto the trolley to go downtown. I made it before 20:00. It’s the first time I’ve been on the trolley. I actually didn’t’ know where to stop since I didn’t know where it would be goin’ and where all the stops were, so I called a few friends and hoped they could help me out. I called Jeff G., and then called Sergio, and everyone else didn’t pick up. Then I figured, ehh, why don’t I ask people around, so I actually got comfortable and did. They’ve been really helpful and really kind. Actually, another lady that helped me with how to take the trolley had gotten off and she was nice all the way through.
I was okay at the Greyhound. I mean, I made it okay to LA, almost done reading my book. ehh, but lights out ‘cause it’s night time and people went to sleep. From LA, I transferred on the bus that would be taking me home.
When I arrived in Salinas, Jovie picked me up. I was actually going to surprise my family, but oh my gosh, they freakin’ called 10 times on my cell phone, and a few times in the house phone and left messages. We went to Jovie’s mom’s place where he needed to pick up Juaquin, his younger brother, to go to school. I was thinking about visiting the school, but that didn’t work out that day. Oh yeah, it was this past Friday. We also picked up friends that were walking towards the school. I remember them from back in the days, but I didn’t really know them. They’re cool.
Okay I rent a lot of movies. I spent a lot of my time watchin’ movies. It’s partly because I took a films class. But it’s for pleasure really. I analyze, but it’s not as bad as I thought it was. I mean, I still enjoy them and it’s only afterwards that I look back on it in real depth. But I’ve seen virtually all of Blockbuster’s new releases worth seeing. LoL That’s a lot! So if you wanted to check on somethin’, ask me ‘cause I might know it. I’ve been renting a few animes lately, and they’ve been pretty cool.
Last Sunday. Ehh, I was just chillin’. Sergio called and we went to the beach. We just chilled, but he just wanted to talk about stuff. He’s a good guy.
Last Friday was really cool. I think I talked about my finals for the day and uhh, I turned in my last final and went home. Mike was going to celebrate because that day was when he was officially done with UCSD, as in no more classes. So like at sevenish, I went over to his place so we could go out with friends.
Carol and Lina were the girls that live across the street from me and they came over. So did Sergio, one of Mike’s immediate neighbors, also came. We didn’t know what we were doin’, but we took the girl’s car. We went downtown.
We went to Seaport Village and walked around a bit. Mike and Sergio’s “I’ll jump if you jump” was funny. One time, they plus some other friends jumped off a little cliff onto a big pile of sand and were soar for a few days. They joked about jumping into the water, but uhh, that would be silly and wet. After walking a bit, we went to eat at one of the restaurants. Actually, on the way over, we petted the horses. Would never ride on the carriage things because it is too expensive! Anyhow, we ate, and talked and stuff. Food was okay. I had the special three fishes, and let’s see…Mike had scallops, Sergio had clam chowder (which he didn’t like, but was full anyhow), and Lina and Carol had the fish and chips, I think. It was good.
The night wasn’t over. We drove around downtown. We went to the Hyatt, and wanted to go to the top floor to see it. It was a bar, so I wasn’t allowed in it. Well, neither was Carol or Lina, but somehow they got in and we managed to get pictures up there ‘cause the manager guy was pretty nice. Actually, my group gave them a hard time, ya know, with the bouncer, who was actually nice. I mean, come on, we can’t go to the bar if we’re under 21, so why my group gotta give them a hard time! lol so yeah lol. That was fun.
Oh, my contact fell off on the way down, so that was umm oops.
We went to Coronado. We went to the beach near the famous hotel. That was cool. Sergio went on the rocks, and we followed and took pictures. So dangerous and I sorta tried to keep us safe. Some of us got wet! Ehh, well, I’d draw the line if we dared walk on the rocks where the waves are crashin’, ya know. lol ‘cause I know in the dark and if one of us got caught into the sea and didn’t know how to swim, that would be tragic! So, nah, we just took pictures. Good ones, too.
We went into the hotel area for coffee, but actually we didn’t go. LOL Sergio was too embarrassed! I mean, Mike started picking the flowers and went overboard with picking the bigger flowers to the roots and what not. Sergio did the same. Oh, they were giving it to the girls, hehe. LOL So yeah, we didn’t go get coffee there. We went out to the city area and walked and looked for a place, and they were all closed. But Mike and Sergio kept on picking flowers and that was just silly.
We walked for a long while, but we made it back to the car. Yeah, they had to put the flowers in the trunk. LOL They stunk! The flowers that is…
When we went back to La Jolla, we went to the cliffs, and they were nice. We actually went down to the beaches. We saw some girls swimming this one time, and it was pretty damn late! I have really good eyes even in the dark ‘cause I saw them people pretty well. We walked around and all, and then we went down to this one beach area and saw some seals. LoL I said I wouldn’t go over there and touch them ‘cause they’d probably attack us to protect their young. We spent time pickin’ shells and what not and also walkin’ and explorin’ stuff in the dark. LoL Some of us got wet again, too. It was like what, two or so in the mornin’ when we headed back home?
That was like a really good night I had. It was full of good stuff. I mean, I haven’t been to any of those places until that night. I had really good company and some good talks.
I just realized it was about a year since I met Mike. He’s been meaning to take me to the beach, but never got to until that night, so I thought that was cool. I’ve known him for almost a year, and the one year mark is about the time he’s movin’ out. I’d have to say he’s one of my really good friends.
Phoenix Archives
This is the window to my mind and a glimpse to my very soul, an insight to a human condition. I am seen and unseen, and by and by I am just misunderstood....

<< Home