Monday, August 12, 2002

I went home for the weekend to get my braces fixed up. Okay, I'm not going to describe how bad they were...ehh, it's soo hard to go home just for a weekend since I gotta rely on the bus since planes have to be planned far ahead for better rates. ERr, and plus the one time was actually home, the ortho went to the Philippines!

Let me tell you about my little endeavor on Friday.

I woke up at like sevenish and got ready since I gotta take the transit bus # 30 downtown to take the Greyhound. It was pretty packed, so I sat towards the back and it was a dirty bus! Anyhow, it takes about an hour to get downtown. There was this guy across from me, and in time, he asked me how long it would take to get down town. I said I didn't know, that it was my first time taking it downtown, so i got up and got a map and figured it out, like this one old guy did earlier. I gave the guy the map.

We arrived on Broadway and I was pretty close to the Greyhound from there, so I headed that way. That guy I helped out earlier called me and I didn't turn back until the second time. He asked me if I had change for a five, and I said I didn't have small bills. He told me to check, and so I did. Turns out I did have five dollars in change and I got it out and gave it to him. He put it in his pocket and I watched him search himself and pat himself, which was odd since he was obviously not getting his five dollars out.

The guy grabbed my wallet and he said "Let go." I told him "No," (attitude 'cause I was really angry at the time). "Let go," "No," "Let go," "No," and then he finally gave up. I put the wallet back into my pocket and walked towards my direction. He followed me. I walked into a Wendy's. I walked right back out thinking he'd be going his way, but he didn't..he was following me. He told me "I was just playing," and then I told him "whatever, leave me alone," basically to go away. So he did. I went to Greyhound, totally frustrated.

I got my Greyhound ticket from a Pilipina since she asked me where I was from. She was nice. Oh yeah, the first person I called after the incident was my friend Mike. I called Steph Low and then I called my roommate, Emily, then I called my parents. Hmm...since I only like lost $5.00, I was only up for venting my frustration. I talked to Steph the longest since I was like all frustrated.

I'm upset at myself 'cause I was so naive. I'm usually a nice guy, and can be taken advantage of. Well, I'm also not stupid and some of the things that go on in my head is anticipation for such things. I'm always constantly thinking and emotionally strong and prepared for such...I mean, I will act, not just react. I was not afraid, and I wondered if he would've hit me, how much would that set me off to hit him back and worse yet. Then again, if he had a weapon, what would I have done? Is it a flaw to bypass initial fear? Ehh...the dynamics in my head. Nevermind.

Well, I'm still upset...yeah, not just the $5, but the fact that I was taken advantage of. I still feel sorry for the guy though. I mean, what did he need the money for? A part of me also says it was probably just for kicks, something selfish...ehh, well, possibly, but I dunno. Oh, it's on him that he did such a thing, and I blame him for it. It's just that on my part, I worry slightly more. I guess I'll figure it later.

Right now, I'm tired. Long trip, and ehh, taxi was $30...er, talk later...