Thursday, August 15, 2002

Let's not talk about home...

It's good to be back here even though I'm like home alone. LOL Emily went...hehe, I forgot since I had left. I watched A Nightmare on Elm Street for SOCB172 and ehh, was no big deal. I just analyzed the movie like I do normally and ehh, took the scare right out of it. Or maybe it just wasn't so scary at all?

I don't have much to tell you about the week, but I'll talk about yesterday.

I went online, trying to make some new friends afar, etc. ehh, that's actually more complicated than it seems, so ehh, that's all I could say. Othrewise, my current online friends are cool. Sad thing is that I don't know a lot of local people as nice as they are. I guess I'll talk about this so-called "online life" later. Not that I consider it a life in itself, but there's a certain complexity in it evolving from the changing mediums of communication. It defies the rules of intamacy we settle for in person and on the phone!

I went to school like at 13:00 or so. Actually, the bus waited for me. I just walk from a far distance and then it just waited. Yeah, she was on her break, but hehe, I knew that LOL So it's funny. People rush on the bus, but I already know that I don't have to run to it. Otherwise I could walk to school though.

I took the 41 and it dropped me off at Center Hall, which was funny. I saw my DOC TA Chong Chon Smith, and he's the coolest! I miss the guy since he's been my all time favourite TA. I learned so much from him and he's so encouraging. Even when I'm not even in his class or anything, I hear his insights and still says some good stuff to me. He's lecturing for summer bridge. He's gonna be a lecturer next year, maybe fora lit class. Hehe, DOC, sheesh. Maybe I'll take his class. But anyhow, my friend, Mike Lee, was also there. LOL It was funny to have two people you know and meet them at the same time. "Hi," "Hi," "Hi," and then they both try to talk to you...how are you. I look at both and lol laugh. Hehe, they saw it. So I talked to Chon ffirst and then Mike. And then their bus came and had to go. That was pleasant. I was talkin' to Mike earlier that day, and hehe, I knew I'd see him. LoL

I studied for a bit. I went to my Psych experiment at AP&M and guess who was the experimenter? yeah, don't guess. Well it was Diem! when I saw her name, I only thought it could be so many people, but it was another pleasant surprise to see her. It was a cool experiment, but I'll be hush hush about it. Hehe, so cool. We talked a bit, too, hehe, when I wasn't testing.

Oh yeah, for soc class, saw A Nightmare On Elm St and I'm okay. Afterwards, i went to Mike's place since he said we could hang out to get my mind off the movie. LOL Everyone told me I'd be scared and how I'm so home alone that lol whoa, I'm okay. LOL Except I'm not ready to take a shower LOL Otherwise I could be alone in the dark and go in the garage or somethin'. Mike was kinda busy on a midterm, but we'll do something later. Sergio is out with his dad, I think, so I couldn't hang out. But it was good seeing my friend though.

As I was waiting to go home on the 41, this guy started talkin' to me. Mostly about school though, but random talk to new people seeminly friendly is really good. I don't expect that. Ehh, not that I still have a fear of being robbed, but the fact that people can just talk even if they don't know you is something. I'll go on that note later.

Talked online for a long while. Had some good conversations with friends I actually know and potentially new ones. I talked to a friend from LA, Vince, and that was really good. Might do something later like labour day or something. Otherwise him and his bunch, Suze and Eric, are really cool. I enjoy their company. They're actually real, and I don't question their motivies like I do with other people. I doubt they're reading this, but in essense, they'd be real friends and that goes unquestioned. It's sincere and it's real. I don't know why there's not a lot of people like that. I'll go on about the topic later. But yeah, that're just so cool.

I had a good day, and much of it had to do with the "little things" of the day. I'm going to revisit my concept of "all the small things." They're actually the things I look for everyday and with people. It's not the big things that people do for you that matter...it's all the little things....