Tuesday, September 03, 2002

Thursday, August 29, 2002.

I went to social psychology class and it was okay. I was in class listening to the discussions and Prof. Sanders lecture, and thought about all these social theories we’re leaning. A lot of the concepts aren’t anything we haven’t thought of at one time or another. Though a lot of concepts aren’t anything new to me it’s all theory and some of the discussions we had, I really disagreed and wanted to speak. I’m still intimidated to talk in class. I won’t get into specifics about these concepts.

The highlight for the day was when I went to Mike’s potluck. He had a few friends over, which all happen to be neighbors. Sergio was going home, so he couldn’t come. Buffy’s really cool. We talked about movies for a bit, which was cool ‘cause I was like whoa, there’s nobody to talk about movies with. She’ll be taking VIS84 (films) in the fall, which is cool. Mike’s next door neighbor came, and two other Chinese girls came over. LOL They live across the street from me, and one day when I was walking home they called me over. I forgot their names again!!

We had lots of good conversations and talked and stuff. We listened to music. Mike has some cool Chinese CD’s, which the girls recognized. Though I didn’t understand a word from the songs, I liked the sound to it. I don’t know, but some songs seem sadder than songs I normally hear in English. I don’t know, it’s just the way I take in the sounds and voice, but I don’t know the translation, so I’m not sure. I really like it. I’d listen to it even though I won’t understand it.

DDR. LOL Mike has two dance pads and we played on his Playstation. We all aren’t good at all, hehe. LoL We all want one for ourselves so we could practice on our own and get good so we could show off one day. LOL Like that’s going to happen. Arrg, I’m like never going to get passed beginner! Hehe, soo bad at Normal ‘cause oh gosh, it totally dissed me! LoL Gotta play it, hehe.

We played Monopoly! It’s one of my favourite board games. Mikes’ next door neighbor left, so it was the two girls, Buffy, Mike, and me. The girls learned really fast! Even when Mike wanted to cheat them off their properties, hehe, they didn’t give in. At first, the game went by really slow and we were barely trying to get property. There was two properties that like none of us would land on! I think one was Atlantic, the yellow one. So, most of us had property and were getting richer every round (I guess we played with the $500 free parking). None of us owned blocks, so we just went around and around trying to get the last few properties.

I hated it when Mike got the Boardwalk. I landed on it and that sucked. Well, earlier, I got the two girls to merge, which was funny. I eventually merged with them when I landed on the Boardwalk. Buffy and Mike merged. Now the game got fun. Now we actually could trade a lot better and then we actually had the opportunity to buy houses and hotels! So it was like yeah, my team almost lost and went bankrupt, but then we bought more hotels and Mike and Buffy kinda landed on them! Eventually, they lost!! That was fun.

Mike usually goes out in the weekends, back home or something, so we don’t hang much. He’s leaving next month. I guess I’ll wait a month before he sells his bed to me. I still need a bed, and I told him I’d take it off his hands since he asked. I’m used to sleeping on the floor, and it doesn’t bother me. I can’t sleep flat on my back, so it really doesn’t matter to me. I mean, it’s cushioned. Oh, back to Mike. Yeah, he graduated, and his lease is up next month. I’m going to miss him ‘cause he’s actually one of my few good friends.

Sunday, September 1, 2002.

Okay, skipping to Sunday because there’s like nothing to say other than I’ve been home, hot, and studying for my finals next Friday.

The only highlight I have is that Anna and me decided to see a movie. We saw Feardotcom. It was her idea, and we both thought it was pretty scary! I don’t want to spoil the movie right here though, but hehe, it made sense by the end. I wanna write what I think about it later. LoL Like I’m ever going to keep up with those wannabe movie reviews of mine. It’s kinda hard since it takes time and thought.

Anna and I had some good talks. I forgot to eat that day, so I had some unagi from the sushi place there. Two pieces, and that’s expensive! After the movie, we went to Ralph’s. She bought some candy for her Japanese suitemates who will be going back to Japan soon, and she was looking for something to give them. Oh yeah, I got a sandwich earlier, turkey. It was good. That’s like the only thing I ate that day other than the sushi!

I’ve been going online a bunch now-a-days. I play Starcraft a bit. I win some, lose a few, and uhhh, I don’t know why I still play. Been chattin’ with some new people lately, so that’s cool.

I don’t know? I’d talk to like friends of mine from school on AIM, but conversations are so dry. I mean, it becomes routined responses and predictable. There’s no reciprocal dialogue because I’m the one who asks stuff and get short and simple answers. I mean, there’s no cues to even continue having a conversation. Then the person would leave abruptly. There are lots of plausible reasons to take it and other implications to it, but it’s not something I like to think of much. I guess what really bothers me is that certain people that I thought would talk to me don’t...for instance, don’t you think after a long while, your mentor would say hello at least once in a while? That’s where I wonder.

I’m up so late ‘cause I took naps today from reading. I have a few more chapters to go in my psych book, so I’m good. I’m worry about the paper though....due on the day of my final, nice. Hmm...I’ll be okay, but it’ll be a long and hard week.

Well, I’m off to bed now. Naps don’t do me good during the day, but I need to rest my eyes ‘cause they get sore, heavy eyes as in sleepiness. I feel so awake right now, and I prefer being up at night since I don’t like the sun too much (makes me tired, gets hot), but there’s nothing to do at night and everyone’s asleep and all. Hmm..yeah, go to sleep, Brian...LOL