I think I’ll be going home on Thursday. My sis has her teacher coming over for her studies. My parents wanted to take me down ‘cause they wanted to check out something in San Luis Obispo. Otherwise I’d be taking the Greyhound again. The rides on the Greyhound suck by the way. I better look up train info or at least plan ahead for plane tickets.
There’s actually not much to do in Salinas, which is why I hate staying for prolong periods of time. You need a car to get around, but there’s actually very little places to go. There’s the mall and the movies, and maybe if you feel like bowling or playing pool. There’s one mall and it’s all ghetto. I can’t believe you pay $8 to see a movie ‘cause if you saw how bad the theater was…well, they’re making a new one somewhere, so hopefully that’ll be the money’s worth. I mean, when I saw Lord of the Rings way back when, all the exciting parts sucked ‘cause the screen began to split and you couldn’t make out what was on there. So yeah, almost nothing to do.
It mostly depends on who you got to chill with. Most of my ol’ friends are back at school right now. I don’t got a lot of underclassmen friends right now, let alone kept in touch with the ones I had. I was thinkin’ about visiting the school since it’s a few minute’s walk away. I was soo bad at keeping in touch with them teachers of mine that I said I would! First year was pretty tough, ya know, so I wonder how they’d take it if I just showed up right about now?
Okay, I’m taking Ethnic Studies 1A, Chem 6A, Linguistics 112 (Tagalog), Visual Arts 84 (films), and possibly Physics 1A for the upcoming quarter. I already started my ethnic studies readings, and I think I’ll do okay with chem. since I’ve worked on it before. I’m starting Tagalog, and hopefully I could keep up ‘cause I got a lot to do for the fall. It’s sad ‘cause I used to speak Tagalog, but now I could barely understand it. I’ve taken ETHN 1B and 1C, so hopefully 1A would be cool, plus it’s with Lipsitz, a professor I really respect and admire for his work. I’m hoping to get with Physics, but I don’t know, five classes are tough. I mean, I managed to take five classes total for two summer sessions, and been maintaining okay for spring quarter with four. When I tried to make a time sheet of how much time I’d have to study during the week for fall, it’s a whole lot of work. I’m hoping I get to make the difference by getting a head start.
There’s some org work I gotta tend to. I’m on SAAC board, but we haven’t met much. APSA seems to have things planned out since they got their retreat last weekend. Oh yeah, check out the APSA’s events on their AIM name “UCSD APSA”. I haven’t heard from KP though. I’m really going to have to try to balance my schedule though.
Other than that, I want to enjoy myself. I really don’t need to get hurt from people anymore. I’m going to have to stop trying to be friends with those who seem fake ‘cause it’s not like you could find the real in them. I mean, I want people who are real. Someone who can be honest to me. Someone who is open, accepting. Someone to relate to. Or someone who’s just cool, someone to chill with. It’s going to be complicated. I mean, we all get hurt, but I don’t want to get hurt more than I need to and more than what I could repair.
It’ll be cool. I got one year of college experience and I know the ropes. I know people a little better and know how to situate myself and find the best way to go much better than before. So I be doin’ my part to make it fall into place. I’ll work to make things within my control to fall into place. There are things outside my control that I am hoping will as well. Hmm…interesting.
Phoenix Archives
This is the window to my mind and a glimpse to my very soul, an insight to a human condition. I am seen and unseen, and by and by I am just misunderstood....

<< Home