This Blogger is giving me too much stress. Well, this computer is slow for me to fix anything I need to, plus I don't got the things I need in here. Err, I lost my table of links and now I don't know how the heck to get my archives back into place, so it's like uhhh..ERrr....maybe I could try dial-up at home? LOL
Okay, I had a psych experiment at 9:00, and I woke up at 8:50!!! So I was amazingly like 15-20 minutes late! I took a bus to school, too! Well, the experiment ran until like 10:10 and it was okay. But yeah, I actually made it okay, hhehe, even thougH i was late. I would hate myself if I got marked down, err, and these are extra credit ones, too! I have another experiment in like 45 minutes. It's like 11:15 right now.
Yesterday was okay. Stupid midterms. Uhh...I wished I had more time to study for some of 'em, but I'm always runnin' out of study time 'cause I allocate it between classes. What's frustrating is I allocated a lot of time to psych and I didn't do too well on the recent quiz, which I moped about earlier. At least I'm above the average, but the average ended up being pretty low. I wish I could ace the quizes like some people do, but uhh...because of them, the curve is still set basically on a straight scale 'cause it distributes pretty evenly. But then again, it was actually a pretty tricky test though. It's not so much that I have to study more for the class because I know everything I read and understand it pretty well. It's just that I gotta work on test taking strategies and errr, don't get tricked and errr, pick the right answer.
Math midterm...bombed. Uhh, and it was an easy one, too, but I was so stressed that I actually went blank. I never did in other math classes because I did know the stuff pretty well but uhh...i hated this one.
Chem..hehe, took it pass/no pass, but uhhh, could've done better if I didn't study as much for math. Uhh, the things I do. LOL but math is for a letter grade.. Uhh..
Umm, yeah.
Stephanie Low came over yesterday. She called and there's like no reception in the house so I like had to run outside. We'll hang out later on if we can. We had some good talkin' goin' on. I like hardly get times like that, but ehh, some worthwhile advice I took out of it. Heheh, otherwise just random talkin'. Good stuff.
hmm...Mike L. invited me to go with him and Andy and Anthony, who I hadn't seen in such a long time, to go out sometime. Ehh, last week, I wasn't able to see a movie and stuff 'cause uhh, math. Hey, I got a cool instructor who isn't like borin' and stuff, hehe, it's just that I'm not gettin' the material fast enough 'cause I'm studyin' for other things and uhh, so little time to grasp it. yeah. But I haven't seen 'em guys in a while.
Mentors. I'm going to be a mentor in a few things for next year, probably the same things that I'm involved with now. I think it's an important program across the board, but it's really hard for people to get in touch and stuff. The burdens are usually on the mentor to establish he/she is a mentor, a friend, and somebody to talk to and do stuff with and show the ropes of college life or life in general and sorts. For someone just entering college for the first, it's very important and impacting because some things will be based on the first year's experience. Of how comfortable someone becomes, of how involved and active, of how confident, of how open and friendly, all in which can be established during the first year. I know the mentor(s) don't provide all that, but surely can impact greatly upon the influence to the mentored, the mentee.
Being a mentor is more than just a title or understanding you have some younger person that you are mentoring. It's not just a responsibility that you took upon yourself. It's an understanding of how tough adjusting and perhaps how life is during the first time's experience (like college) and guiding some young one in any size, shape, or form.
People in generally are different and are even more different from person to person interaction. I may be a mentor, and I have the understanding that the first year is vital because that's when the first impressions begin to form and when who I am mentoring may need to know a thing or two. I don't want it to be a struggle when it shouldn't have to be. I want to make myself available whenever I can to accomodate her/his needs or let her/him know stuff. I want her/him to be able to get involved if s/he wants to. To the extreme, if there's like nobody on campus to watch out for my mentee, to the very least, I'll be among the people that will.
My first year was very hard and there were very little venues I could go to or even grown the comfort to have. It was a lot harder than I was able to express to anybody. There were many times when I felt so alone with the things I believed in while there were opposition. There were a lot of frustrations among my peers and in classes in general. I was very accomodating and let everything get to me because I really didn't know how to deal with a lot of things.
I was lucky I didn't get home sick at all...it's just that I had a harder time adjusting. I had a lot of good times, but along the way, there were a lot of struggles that I could have handled better. If I have a mentee, I don't want her/him to have such a tough time.
I want to be a really good mentor, but I'm sorta scared. I mean, what if my mentee doesn't like me? What if we don't click? What if we don't got anythin' in common? What if I just don't understand? What if we end up not doin' anything? Or even talk? What if we end up like strangers and don't even know each other if we're walkin' around campus?
I've always known how difficult it must be to be a mentor, talkin' to those who've been mentors and just from my observations. Most of the burdens are on the mentor though. I'm worried 'cause I believe that, but what if I don't carry through? I'll try so very hard. I mean, I don't just gotta do it, I want to do it. I got the heart to be a good one, and that sure is the start and I'll work at it.
LOL Oh yeah, I can't drive anywhere :( Err...sorry future mentee :( LOL and I sure hope you don't get to drive 'cause I'd feel sooo embarrased!!! LOL 'cause I'm suppose to be takin' ya around and all, and hehe, you drivin' me places! Oh yeah, somebody to call if you need a ride from the airport or the grocery store...hmm...sorry mentee, but, hehe, but I don't got a car and don't know how to drive :( But I'd walk over there for ya, but that won't do any good! Err, will manage...hehe, make 'em family trees and yeah, hehe, carpools are good. Hmm...so yeah....
Phoenix Archives
This is the window to my mind and a glimpse to my very soul, an insight to a human condition. I am seen and unseen, and by and by I am just misunderstood....

<< Home