I really liked today.
I got up and didn’t think I’d have anything to do other than reading, but I got online for a little bit, and then talked to a few friends, and one of them invited me over. I thought that was really cool.
Eric T. is a really cool friend. I knew him since my junior year, I think, from Alisal High School, and he transferred from Independence. Moneek and Victor are from there, too, so I heard a little bit of them. I thought it was really cool that one of my good friends from back home knew my newer friends from UCSD. We’re all involved with APSA and are at Marshall. I think that’s really cool.
Maria Dhona U. picked me up to his place, which I’ve never been on my own and didn’t realize it was so very close to mine. Dhona also knows somebody I know from UCSD that lived near me, Anna, and that’s cool. Chilan I mentioned a few days ago is also Anna’s friend. Maria and Eric are friends. I know it’s just me, but I find connections extremely fascinating! I think it’s really cool!
And Moneek is a pretty good friend of mine, too, so I think it’s really really crazy how my good friends from back home connect with good friends from UCSD and then other cool friends that I’m becoming good with are connecting even more. LOL It makes sense in my head, but I think that’s just so cool!
Anyhow, I hung out at Eric’s place, and Dhona took me over. LOL We went running for a little bit, and I hardly run, so it was good. Dhona, on the other hand, slowed us down, not that I objected ‘cause I think I would’ve gotten tired like her in a little bit anyhow! There was an elementary school nearby, and we hung out there and sat on the swings and caught up on old times. I thought it was really cool that Eric still knew his Independence pride cheers and sorts like Moneek and Victor and all sorts of Independence people do at UCSD! I think that’s amazing with the pride they got and maintain even in college! I talked with Dhona about Berkeley and how we’re doing and what we’re involved in and sorts. We all just talked and that’s really cool. Some funny, stuff, too, hehe. I thought that was really good.
We went back to Eric’s place and we watched some movies. Eric baked a cake and such, but no frosting, but it was still good. We saw Zoolander, which was funny-stupid! LOL Some funny stuff in that! Ben Steller is really funny! There was this one scene when Miltilda began talking about her childhood and how she was fat and became bulimic and Hansel and Derek Zoolander asked what that was, but moments before, Eric asked Dhona and me what that was, and then we explained it, and a few seconds later, the guys from the movie asked what was bulimia and we all laughed! LOL you just had to be there and see the movie! Freakin’ male models are like dumb, and because Eric asked like they did, he felt like that, too! LOL You know how you totally explain something (like if someone asked you a question) and then afterwards, the other person asks you a question when you just answered that question? There were some parts in the movie like that, and Eric made fun of Dhona and I couldn’t disagree! That’s just me having a good time with Eric and Dhona. They’re so funny together, oh my gosh!
Dhona left and had to do errands. Funny how when she’s home, all she has to do is errands and she gets a curfew even though at Berkeley she sets her own! She dropped by later though.
We watched another movie called Training Day and Denzel Washington and Ethan Hawke starred, and it was pretty good. I liked that movie.
We ordered pizza.
Mark came over and we all chilled at the garage for a little bit. Mark had to go back to school though, but he was weighing a tie and suit and all, which he has to at Heald, I think. Hehe.
A little bit after, Eric wanted to play basketball, and me not ever playing really, went, too. We went to the school. There was this guy and some girls playing, so we went to play with them, two on two. Jeremy and Sandra or something played and we won! I didn’t do much, but Eric knew Jeremy was hella mad or something for losing! Eric said he sucked! LOL I didn’t think he was too bad ‘cause I don’t play much, but that’s just funny. Jeremy bumped Eric and Eric said he was boney and Jeremy got offended! Dhona called, and we had to go. But it was fun. I totally suck though, but I made a few, and we won, and yeah, hehe. Eric said he wasn’t even trying, but it was fun anyhow!
Went back to Eric’s place and we watched Friends, a rerun on Fox, and the new show at 2000. Oh yeah, Everybody Loves Raymon was okay. We played Scrabble, too. After Friends, we watched another movie. I forgot what it was called, but he read the book, and I want to read it, too, and finish up the movie. But I was focused on Scrabble. I played smart and got like a few 15 or so points with two tiles! OMG I hate the word “JETS” because Eric scored like 63 points with that!!!!! So, I thought I was going to lose, but in the end, we actually tied!! We both got 207!! That’s just crazy!
His parents came by a little later, and I got to get a little acquainted, and they’re cool. They brought some Jack-in-the-Box food, and we ate it! LOL I ate a lot today :-/
I looked at the time, and it was a quarter to ten, so I thought I would go. I don’t have a curfew, but it was cool. I would have been okay walking back, but he got his dad to drive me back, which wasn’t far at all.
I’m not afraid to go home even with the shootings. I know other people are, and it’s a smarter thing. I’m really not afraid, but I have to think about it twice because other people are afraid for me. So I am trying that. I am strong and try to keep strong and usually insist I could take care of myself to the point when I won’t take offers like someone wanting to give me a ride somewhere or something. I feel I could be on my own without having other people doing me favours or going out of their way…but I need to think about them and how they think about me, you know? It’s about worries…theirs. So that’s it.
Anyhow, a friend of mine called during our game and watching the movie. I talked for a little bit, and it was really good hearing from my friend. We’ll see each other back at school and we got a class together. I got some questions, too, like I want to study abroad and take advantage of that. I’ll ask. It’ll be really cool. Getting a phone call from some friend when you least expect it is really good. It was a return call, but hardly anybody returns my calls when I do leave messages, so I think that’s very thoughtful.
I had a full, good day. It’s actually days like this that I really wish for. For days like this, for the company I had and the good times I’ve gained, that means so much to me.
Phoenix Archives
This is the window to my mind and a glimpse to my very soul, an insight to a human condition. I am seen and unseen, and by and by I am just misunderstood....

<< Home