Sunday, April 27, 2003

on profile:
The sun sets beyond the horizon, I hear whispers in the wind as the shadows grow greater and remind me of the passing day of how things used to be. Darkness falls, and it is much colder as if it were cold flames burning inside of me.
Yet I am alive and feel the agony and the pain of his life that had passed. Of darker days and colder nights, I say words that do nothing to bring him back, that do nothing at all. Of pains of what he did not deserve, I wish I could have taken them away and replaced them with what he did deserve. For those I love, I wished I could bear all their pains so they can live well. I'd lay down my life for those I love, and I'd give mine up this second if it meant his would return.
For Serge, my friend, my cousin, life is so precious as yours was precious to those you've touched, including my own.