Today was the All People’s Leadership Conference for high school students. We had less what we expected, but we actually adapted pretty well. I mean, the people who came wanted to come because it was a conference, not so much as they were going to meet new people, and that’s the sense I get. I’ve been to other conferences that seem to attract people who want to meet other people they can identify it, like a social thing, and the dance is cool like that. But this one, it was all conference people, and from what I hear, the students thought it was cool. Our staff ended up going to the workshops.
By the way, I co-chaired workshops with Maribeth and Annie, and we had staffers in our committee. We’ve been working on this for a long while already, and we had plenty. We had changes to our schedule since only about 60 students came, at most, but it’s still good considering it was the first conference of its kind and a lot of factors involved. But people worked so hard, and it was terrific because it was all hardcore organized and everyone was on top of things. It was so neat.
Good stuff. It’s kind of cool to see what you’ve been a part of, a part of history of something very cool.
Phoenix Archives
This is the window to my mind and a glimpse to my very soul, an insight to a human condition. I am seen and unseen, and by and by I am just misunderstood....

<< Home