Saturday, March 09, 2002

I haven't blogged in a long while, and I've missed so much. For the most part, I'm having a really bad week.

Well, Monday's midterm sucked so badly. I bombed. So, looks like I'm going to settle for a B in the class if I ace the freakin' final :-/. Kagba said I could do better. He's a really nice guy!

Wednesday was cool. Had a cool KP meeting. April, Christie, and Rudolf led the meeting, and they were pretty good. LOL icebreaker was dracula or something, and i was the original dracula, and when i scream with someone, they become one of my vampires, and we'd scream at each person until there's one left we'd scream at. That was so fun. We had committee sign-ups, and I'm helping chair programming. I was going to go home, but then I went to Lawrence's place to help make BBQ sticks for Pilipino Awareness Day on Friday.

Vaness and I were planning Pilipino Awareness Day. We've been making phone calls and doing a bunch of stuff.

I went to Scripps again on Thursday to get my TB read. I need a few more immunization stuffs and then I'm done and will volunteer by next quarter. I'm almost nervous, but excited, too.

It was raining on the way back from Scripps. I ran to the shuttle that the first one left and another came. It was raining.... I rode the bus to PC area. I went to the SAAC lounge. Lots of people there. I went towards Marshall with Jon since I had an umbrella. By the time we reached the lowers, I realized my phone wasn't clipped onto my pocket. Actually, the clip was there, but the phone had fallen off! So my phone is gone :( I'm going to cry now :(

I went back to the SAAC lounge and moped and got a lot of good support. People were so nice and I didn't feel as bad. April, especially, made me feel better, and she always does. She has a really positive attitude and it rubs off on you just when you see her. She has killa hugs and they can make your day anytime! She made me feel alright about my math midterm and chem from last week. Sheesh. She's soo cool! Aww, hehe.

Talent Show meeting was cool. We had a potluck at OVL. Before that, we had a security meeting at Library Lounge. Oh, I saw Kevan there, and we talked a bit, but Jeff G. rushed me! Big hurry to get pot luck stuff.....so didn't chat much. We headed to PC Ballroom to check out the firealarms. Oh, and I saw Darwin. He's cool. I told him I lost my phone and he said some cool stuff. I hope he makes it to the talent show. It'll be dope. Too bad Kevan won't though :-/.

Oh, pot luck was great. Adam's cool. He's a psychology major, and that's what I want to get into. Agnus and Michelle are bio-psychs, and I'd like to get into that, but I need the science background to get better. Sheesh. First year, and it sux :-/. Had a really good time there.

I'll talk about Friday and the talent show when I got the time. There was a lot that went on, and I'm getting sleepy...










I guess everything felt so great last quarter. Everything seemed to work out and everybody seemed so great. I guess that's the honeymoon effect 'cause now it's kinda slumping. I'm really going out of my way to do all the things I do. I go to a bunch of events and meetings and all sorts of stuff when I could be doing better in class. Yeah, it's doable to do all, but I doddle sometimes and don't get stuff done. I'm also highly stressed right now. That takes a lot of my energy.

I'm thankful for all of those who've been so cool. I'm thankful for those who are so good to me and still are. I'd really like to take those and hold them close and not think of anything else. But my problem is that so many things are bombarding me right now.

I don't get why I am being isolated as this person and I can't shake that. I have done more than I normally would even to the point when it may hurt. I have gone beyond my comfort zones and taken many chances, so many risks, and still find myself waundering why was it that I wanted to challenge myself.

One ventures out to find their meaning and their happiness, and I'm far from it. Each person has certain distances and certain obstacles. They also have certain tools and means to make it to their destination. All of these are unique. Each person will find their destinition at different times and by different means.

I have once again reached a conclusion that never seemed to change. I am incapable of reaching such a plane. This is true because I am denied most of the essential things in life so basic that people take those for granted. These are things a lot of people don't have to try for, and I have to fight for them only to find it never really was for me and it is taken away again.