Friday, February 22, 2002

I stayed up until fourish reading ethnic studies stuff. :-/ I was at library lounge the whole time. Sheesh.

I slept until like seven-thirtyish, and got up and worked on DOC stuff. Dang, I thought I had some good ideas, but later, whoa, not good enough.

Left an hour before the make-up section. I saw Ian on the way. He's cool. Wished me luck...I'll need it.

TA of ethnic studies John M. is cool. Sat in, took a quiz, which was hard for a lot of us, and oh my gosh, not a lot of us got them all right. Sheesh, and I thought I got it down okay. Vince was there. Teressa. Ernesto. Jenni Koo (I think that's how it goes). They're cool.

Went to DOC lecture. I didnt' fall asleep either! Sat by Lori and Nora, as usual. They're cool. Sux to be sick :( Professor Irons is cool. Learned a bunch. Hehe, interesting topic we have now, but hard to write about it.

Went to Revelle to Vince's place so we could study for our midterm. We went to eat at the Plaza though. Saw some people we knew. Saw Joe there. Vaness and Uyen and Andrew (roomate of Vince) sat with us, and company. After talking and finished up eating, we went to our class.

Oh my gosh, I hope I did okay. I know I missed one ID and that's bad. Sheesh, wrong guy I wrote about :-/ *sighs*

Went to DOC section. Broke into groups and talked about our introduction and planning. I'm going to have a hard time finding legal and social justifications for supporting a Chicano/Latino only public school. The readings seem to support affirmative action less so to even use them...such counter arguments are going to be difficult. The majority of people are in opposition in terms of the topic (other topics are an all African American male school, and all women's program or something). I have to hold my position. It's really hard. I'm a minority!

Went home for a little bit. Oh, but then I went to the SAAC lounge. Oh, Angelie (I think), was there. She was waiting for Armando, who came later. Sonnier was there, too. Mentor David showed up. David was practicing the pronounciation for his lines and all.

They all left, and I was alone! Hehe, went home a little bit after since I wasn't feeling too well. Too bad I won't be able to go to Winterfest. I think I'd die on the spot! I let Tasha borrow my ID for her friend. Hmm...

Talking to some friends on IM. Hmm...oh yeah, Darwin called. Cool. LoL I'm like strugglin' to get good grades and some people complain' cause they're not gettin' the A's! LoL I soooo wish I could do as good as him though. I need a lot of work. We talked for a long while though. He's going to the meeting tonight. I'm debating whether or not I should go. We're already late though. I don't know if I'm up to it.

And I'm here alone again....lots on my mind....debating whether or not I should keep blogging....