Tuesday:
For the DOC essay I worked my butt on and was pretty proud of it, I was so crushed when I got my grade. Yeah, I know I can’t write as well and zeroize the mistakes, but still, I felt it deserved better. So, I’ll talk my TA about it.
DOC section wasn’t too bad. Actually, it’s the best I had. We were having review on particular readings, and I read the reading this morning and had so much to say, moreso than what Jen and Curt had on our papers. Marleen, our TA, said we should’ve put it on the paper, but the truth was, because I was in New Orleans, I had time to read it that same morning. I think I’m understanding concepts pretty well. However, that paper, grr…
I wished I could pull off 19’s or something on the psychology statistic quizzes. They are not particularly hard, and I really do need the A’s so I could bring my grades. So, yeah, I’m envious and developing a competitive attitude, which in most ways is good, but I’m not at the competitive state to have the grades that do compete.
To further that, I’m doing a lot better, surprisingly this semester. I think I’ve alluded that being around certain people give me different attitudes towards certain things. Most of my social efforts, learning, and activism is influenced by the many people I’ve been involved with this year. However, not so much academics was tended to. For, say, having a few classes with Darwin and keeping up with the work, I was able to maintain a good grade in history and keep up with the work and also statistics I was able to keep up (even though I wish I could do better). That’s really positive. However, it’s problematic to pick up from other people. But, that’s the way my personality is and that’s not something I could adjust. It’s complicated to explain it in its entirety. But I need that new mentality because I’ve lost it after high school, and I need to get better grades if I ever wanted to get to medical school, or something.
History was okay. Had done the CAPE books and commented on our professor and course and such.
I tried to study a bit today. I got some readings done. I met up with people at the office.
Oh yeah, APSA’s last GBM. I think I’ll write about it later since I’m tired and need to sleep right now…
Last Tuesday:
Classes went slow, and I still had to pack for the trip to New Orleans. I was practically done except the choices in books I wanted to take, which ended up being heavy all together. Oh, I had to write a five-page paper for history class and make sure someone takes it before I leave! I hope I did okay though. I had that done and I sent one to my TA, Ivy, sent an e-mail to Darwin to print out, and dropped by Mai Lee’s place when she wasn’t home to turn it in for me. Ended up that everything worked.
I brought my bag and backpack from my apartment to the Cross Cultural Center. That was funny. I said dropped by the SAAC lounge before I left.
Ram was driving us to the airport. Tiffany from AASU, Noel from KP, David Michelle as AS Diversity Affairs, and myself for APSA went. Denise from MEChA and Cross intern went, too, along with Edwina and Charline (sp), whom were there already.
Airport security was tight, but necessary. You could actually see a bunch of Pilipinos, too, so in light of the project I worked on earlier and the support for our Pilipino workers, it is a reality. Read back to find what I had said about the issue.
(By the way, since I display most of my text in one page, to find a passage, think of key words or phrases and hold “ctrl” and “f” and find those text in the blogs. Otherwise, it was about two weeks ago, on the Friday maybe.)
Anyhow, we went on the plane. Stopped over at Las Vegas. Saw some folks that I believe ended up to go to the conference as well. They won some money, too. Crazy to have slots in the airport itself!
Well, we got there. The air was so freakin’ thick! We took the shuttle to the Marriot where we met Steve. We waited for a while because David took a while and didn’t realize we were waiting for him.
We were five and we shared one room with two beds. That was cool. LOL Some funny stuff I could say, but you just gotta be there ‘cause that’s funny!
So, that was Tuesday. It wasn’t productive since our conference session starts on Thursday, so we have time the following day to chill and such.
Phoenix Archives
This is the window to my mind and a glimpse to my very soul, an insight to a human condition. I am seen and unseen, and by and by I am just misunderstood....

<< Home