Monday, May 20, 2002

Friday was pretty cool. All my classes went by smoothly, but I was a tad tired, but for the most part rested. I didn’t even fall asleep in any sections or classes. I could’ve done better on my ethnic studies midterm had I had more sleep because I seriously knew just about what to cover. To do well, you have to really know your stuff, have the means to do it, and have confidence that you know and you can do it.

The rest of my classes went by smoothly, and it’s Sun God. I helped KP with the BBQ sales a little bit. There was a bunch of people there anyhow and they could’ve done without, but it was fun. Got to see a lot of faces and ate a whole lot since I wanted to support as many organizations as possible. I didn’t eat anything else that day or much of the next.

I was planning on going to the concert that night, but I wasn’t feeling it. Instead, I went to see Starwars with Darwin. I’m glad I saw it, but I guess I’m really critical about it.

I really like characters like Anakin. I don’t really have the time to explain that now though. In short, I find people who begin innocent, but shift to something else, and the internal conflicts and realizations within rather fascinating. Although I really think the acting could have been more convincing, scripting changed in a lot of ways, and the basic moviemaker portrayal of the scenes and sorts, be even more effective, I thought the idea of such a character interesting. I think in general, people have a binary understanding of “good” and “evil” and sorts, and I believe it is more complex than that. In cases such as Anakin, he begins as an innocent boy, but shifts as seen by his defiance and independence and submission to his impusles and reasoning to his ideologies.

The bulk of my Saturday went to SOFAB. I went to Ralph’s to buy some cookie stuff to bake. I was walking on Library Walk, and at the end, Lawrence was there, and he gave me a ride! Hehe, it was sorta raining, so good thing he was there! He was going to pick up Geoff and Tiff, so he dropped me off on the way. I walked all the way back to Marshall Lowers were I live though, so it wasn’t too bad. I baked cookies at Mary and Diem’s place.

SOFAB is long and hard. Sheesh, soo much time invested in that that I fell weeks behind in school! But hey, we’re recommending allocating money and sorts to student orgs, and that’s important. Ashame we must make a bunch of cuts. Sheesh. A lot of people are going to be mad at us though!

I went to bed early, and had the most wonderful amount of sleep! I slept in for the first time in like months, I suppose. I even had a nap and never felt so rested afterwards! Wow!

Oh, there was a bit of SOFAB meeting, and that went by okay. I have a voice, and I’m not afraid to speak up there. I wonder why I’m so afraid to do that in KP and APSA board meetings and not so much there? There must be an underlying mentality I have that I have to explore in order to make myself more effective. But yeah, I have a voice, and made some decisions, too. So good.

I had a talk with Dave. He’s such the coolest person. He’s one of the people that have influenced me a bunch and I appreciate his words.

However, I need to get over some things. I suppose it doesn’t hurt as much right now just yet, but it will later. I mean, it’ll take me a while to get over.

I talked to Ernesto just now. Really boosted my confidence a bunch. Words are good, too.

*sighs* I dunno…soo much to think about…nothing I could do…powerless…take it on…so many things…other things…