Monday: the day after I returned from New Orleans. I need more time to write an account of it, so I¡¦ll probably start it tomorrow, which will be one week from it.
Classes went by okay. I feel like I¡¦ve missed so much though. But it was only a few days. I hope I manage. I have so much to catch up on.
Before DOC, I went to the SAAC lounge. I hung out with Ram and Dylan was there, too. Jay showed up a little later, and I listened in the interesting conversations we all had about stuff. Going to miss Dylan though. We checked out the art at the library lounge galleries and I think they¡¦re pro-American art, but you got to check them out that they¡¦re actually a pro-American critique, which is quite interesting.
Oh yeah, classes, blah blah blah.
Err, soo bad to eat the Woks up, but I like having the hot and sour soup. But then I have brown rice and some dish. I¡¦ve grown tolerant of the taste because it¡¦s one of the worst places to eat. However, I can¡¦t go anywhere else for Americanized Chinese food. And for that, I¡¦d take it for now. *sighs* So bad. But the hot and sour soup is okay. I could just order that and live on it.
I went to Jen¡¦s place and Curt was there (they¡¦re from DOC) to work on our presentation summarizing key points in our article. That was okay.
At 16:45, I headed to the Cross for our transitional retreat. There were some MEChA and AASU peeps there having theirs, but ours was off campus. I talked to a few folks, and oh my gosh, I went to the Lecture room and when I went back to the lobby, the KP folks were gone. I was sad because I felt like they forgot me. I guess I still feel that way, but I know since we were a big group it was assumed everybody went. But still, that¡¦s one of the things that I¡¦m worrying about now because such a feeling is more real than I ever expected. I hate to be the afterthought of everything. I guess I¡¦m still sad about it¡K
Anyhow, the retreat was great at the La Jolla Shores. Well, Mari didn¡¦t actually go on the beach, again! That¡¦s funny ¡¥cause she hadn¡¦t been to that beach for the longest time, and when she¡¦s there, she never actually goes into the beach!
We made ¡§banks of emotions¡¨ in which we made an envelope and had ¡§deposit slips¡¨ and write compliments and encouraging stuff on it and gave it to everybody. This is a transition retreat between the old board and the new board.
One ice breaker like thing was when we had three groups and lined up. The objective was to use all the stuff we had on us and see which team could make the longest line of articles of clothing or whatever we had on us. So, pens and phone and whatever. Oh my gosh, hardcore people took off their close to extend the line! Joe, especially, wow, I¡¦d never do that! But that was really good. It was fun. My line won though ƒº
Another exercise was to have the new board talk about what they think the position they were elected to is and then the old board add to it and we share comments and such. That was good. I commented on a lot of things. I hope that¡¦s taken into consideration and I hope I didn¡¦t offend anybody. I mean, it was all ideas and nothing critical I think
We had been writing those comments all night and didn¡¦t, so we finished up at TGI Fridays. The food was good, and I ate a whole dessert! Had some pictures, too. Good time we had. So sad it¡¦s like our last KP thing.
Said our good-byes and yeah¡K.I feel all sad. LOL Mel drank a bit ;-)
Hehe, very good night and meaningful¡K
_____________
The past itself is forever gone, but the memory lingers as if it were still going on. One cannot forget the past without having a future to look forward to. The present becomes durable when the value of the future surpasses the cost of the past.
One who suffers as the days goes by does so because the future is costing one more than what one could take and pay for. The cost eats away one¡¦s life and devalues one¡¦s self-worth.
For me, I wonder how much of my psyche could give and not get back...
Phoenix Archives
This is the window to my mind and a glimpse to my very soul, an insight to a human condition. I am seen and unseen, and by and by I am just misunderstood....

<< Home