KP’s High School Conference was all day Saturday. I was part of the security team and did some floater stuff. I was late :-/ because I woke up late, having come home at a late hour anyhow. April is like the coolest! She’s the chair of security, and I helped her out a bunch.
QPOC had their workshop “Test your gaydar,” and I helped them out. I got to meet the panelists, and I already knew them, but was formally introduced to the ones I didn’t get to before. I checked off the incoming people and gave them their stickers and that was cool. I stayed in the workshop and it went really well. Although some of our staff say that the kids had immature sorts of questions, I personally think it’s not something a lot of people are aware about. First they all went up to the stage, and the workshop leader asked agree/disagree questions and they’d separate accordingly to the answers to the questions. I wasn’t surprised about the results, but the people up there were. It’s the male-homophobia and stereotype that exists within their minds, but it wasn’t present at the girls who seemed to have a really open, accepting, and liberal points of views. That alone was interesting. Next, they had a session on “guess who’s gay.” They students asked questions not pertaining to “give away” answers like “gendered questions.” I didn’t participate in any of the activities because that wouldn’t be fair. I should’ve done the question one, but to guess who’s gay, I already knew and even if I didn’t, I’d do a lot better of a job. The workshop went very well, like I said, and I got something out of it.
I went to another workshop about ghetto schools, but I was so tired I left a little later. There were pictures all around the room, and we had to determine which is ghetto, middle class, and affluent based on what we see. I knew some of them, and surprised some people didn’t. I guess they don’t have my background. I went to a really ghetto high school and neighborhood. I’ve lived in middle class neighborhoods, and been exposed to affluent places as well. Denise from SAAC was there, and she stayed for a lot of the conference. I left because I needed a nap!
It’s been a really busy and long day! Everybody was tired! Sheesh! I think the students got a lot out of it and had fun…or at least got to exchange some phone numbers!
Talent show was worthwhile. I liked the performances and sorts, hehe. Wish there were more dances though.
LOL Jaymar, Francis, and Will and sorts, even Rudolf and Janice and Abe and sorts were in the video, hehe, it was soooo funny, you gotta see it. I wish I had a copy!
There was a dance at the end. I didn’t have fun like I thought I would. Sheesh, you figured that I danced the whole night the other night I would dance all night here, too. But I guess it really depends on who you’re with, you know?
Afterwards, we went to Keith’s. Jeff B, DR P., Jeff G, Cat, David R., Daniel, and sorts were there and most of us ate breakfast. It was good. It was late. I went to bed when I went home. They’re really cool. Lots of cool jokes, hehe. I wished I could’ve laughed more, but cough is bad. They’re really cool. I had a good time. Hehe, even though I was the quieter one, I had a really good time.
Phoenix Archives
This is the window to my mind and a glimpse to my very soul, an insight to a human condition. I am seen and unseen, and by and by I am just misunderstood....

<< Home